Poetic Spiriuality

Poetic Spiriuality
"Let there be light."

Friday, July 19, 2013

No Pedestals Please

I have MS, and I have chosen to do my best 
To give life my all ... Nothing less.
I didn't choose to have a chronic illness
I certainly wouldn't try to will this.

But, strength is not something you choose
Until choice is something you lose.
Someone told me today that I've made such a great decision
In my mind it didn't take much vision.

When pain becomes a daily part of life
And I can either cry or rise above,
I can easily become a burden to those I love.
To me there stands only one clear choice
I have to live my life with a smile and an activist's voice. 

©Sheryl A. Skutelsky, 2013. All rights reserved.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Sheryl,

    I just wanted to take a moment and say I love your blog. You give people Hope and that is what I like!

    ReplyDelete